Hi peoples! I’m so excited about the card I’m sharing with you today. I saw the paper and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it…and then I actually accomplished what I set out to do! That’s really big for me! Very often I have an idea in my head and find for one reason or another I’m unable to execute it. I don’t have the right tools or supplies, or (more often than not) I just can’t turn imagination into reality sufficiently for my perfectionist self. But this card…this card…it worked! I was giddy about it for quite a long time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did:
Like I told you in my “Thanks a Latte” post, I love clusters of flowers and buttons and other goodies. That’s one of the reasons I love this card- it’s got a small cluster of goodies! I had just the right leaves and just the right butterflies and just the right flourish to (more than) adequately reconcile reality with the picture in my head of what this card should be. I’m still so excited about it, it was sooooo difficult to send to its intended recipient!
Ok, now for some technical details:
I started by layering the base papers and stitching around the edges. Oh, another thing about this card, I actually did messy stitching on purpose. The perfectionist in me was revolting the entire time, but I did it! And I love what it adds to the card. Moving on. Next, I stamped my bird image twice onto ivory card stock, first in green, then again in vintage photo. I used my American Crafts and Inkadinkado Stamping Markers to color in the leaves on the green image, then fussy cut both images (just the bird in the brown image). Then, I hit the cutouts with VersaMark and covered them in clear embossing powder to give them a little extra strength and pop. I gave the flourish the same VersaMark and embossing powder treatment, and adhered it to the card. I glued the green bird-and-leaves image to the card, then popped the brown bird image up with foam squares for dimension. All the leaves I colored with various green markers, smudged with vintage photo, and placed strategically on the card base. Finally, I gathered all the other elements (flowers, butterflies, and ribbon) I wanted to use and moved them around and around until I had it all just right. And then I stared at it for a while to memorize it before taking it apart and gluing it all down, piece by piece. Truthfully, I took a picture so I could get it just right after I took it apart 😛 Call me crazy, but I wasn’t about to glue things down until I had them perfect, and then I had them perfect, so I didn’t want to mess it up…moving on.
I added some Glossy Accents to the butterflies and stamped my sentiment, added a couple rhinestones, and there it was! I couldn’t stop smiling and staring at it. It’s just SO EXCITING when a project turns out exactly the way you wanted.
Here’s a close-up for you:
I hope you enjoy looking at this card as much as I did. As always, thank you for stopping by! I just love reading all your comments- you guys are the best!